Hi, my name is Zana.
I am currently a PhD Candidate in Political Sociology at Universiti Sains Malaysia, researching on social movement dynamics and leadership in the age of digital media and ultimately how this will all impact the future of democracy.
Two Kinds of Intelligence is a space for me to write at least 300 words a day about anything that caught my fancy — usually on books & articles I have read, documentaries I have watched, thoughts on everyday design, mental models and productivity, and some short observations during my doctoral research journey. The name of the blog — as most of you might know — alludes to Rumi’s eponymous poem, which is one of my most favourites.
I am also a remote freelancer writer / editor / researcher / strategist, specialising in (although not necessarily limited to) these areas:
- Writing (on technology, design, user experience, and anything concerning the challenges navigating today’s digital spaces)
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Research (design and user experience)
- Social media strategy and management
- Digital project management
Send an email to hire me, or inquire more about my services or this blog, or to request for writing samples.